Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Day One

Today 11/11/14 has started the program.  It was supposed to be yesterday but my husband brought home some delicious fruit bars from our neighbor's party on Sunday and I had them for breakfast which corrupted the whole day.  But they were good.

So today 11/11/14 my breakfast started quite good:
1 - 8 oz cup of Carrot Juice
Breakfast pita:
2 Eggs Scrambled (Tip from my husband for fluffy eggs add a small amount of water when cooking.)
1 slice of Low Moisture Part Skim Mozzarella cheese
1 Chicken Sausage Roasted Garlic flavor - these are my favorite from Trader Joe's (TJ's), they're all natural with no preservatives or artificial ingredients.  They come in other flavors too.  And super easy to make, you can broil, grill or bake.  Or pop in microwave.  If you have the time broiling is best.
on 1/2 an Arnold Pocket Thin in Healthy Multi-Grain

Total calories: 650 (includes juice)

If I follow the 1500 calorie plan I now have 850 left
If I follow the 1800 calorie plan I now have 1150 left

I haven't quite decided on which plan, but I think it might be the 1800 plan since I need more calories to produce milk which has its off days on supply, eating 1800 would provide more food options for me and would satisfy my appetite.

Mid-Morning Snack - would have been earlier but I had my breakfast pretty late this morning at 9am so mid-morning snack is at 11:55 a.m. instead.
1 cup of Low fat Greek Yogurt Plain with Honey = 180+60 = 240 calories

1800 calorie plan = 910 calories left
1500 calorie plan = 610 calories left

Eating this I wish I had some walnuts too, but I don't...sadly :(

Not sure on Greek yogurts, I prefer them because they have a lighter taste than regular yogurt and they are less in fat.  Cabot is a brand I like because 100% of profits goes back to farmers but Trader Joe's Greek Honey Yogurt is really thick it tastes almost like a dessert, it is really good.  Regular yogurt is fine too for this plan.

Lunch - Veggie and Meat wrap
Veggies - 5 slices of English Cucumber & 3 sprigs of Cilantro
Meat - 1 slice Turkey Breast and 2 slices of Ham
Cheese - Mozzarella, 2 thin slices
Condiments: Homemade Pesto spread and Mayo
on a Multi grain, Whole Grain and Flax Seed wrap

1 Medifast Chicken Noodle Soup with Real Salt and Paprika Seasoning

Lunch Calories = 505

1800 calorie plan = 405 calories left
1500 calorie plan = 105 calories left

Dinner - Butter Chicken Indian Dish w/ Basmati Rice
Salad - 1/2 sliced English cucumber and 1 Plum Tomato sliced in Fat Free Balsamic Dressing

Dinner Calories = 385

1800 Calorie plan = 20 calories left
1500 Calorie plan = Over 280 calories

After Dinner Snack - 1 Medifast Brownie and 1 Medifast Chocolate Chip Bake

Dessert Calories = 220

Water consumption: 8 glasses of water, next time I need to aim for 10 glasses.

So calculating this I went over the calorie count by 200 calories, which seems odd since I followed the plan and the servings the plan gave me.  

Not bad for my first day overall.


No comments:

Post a Comment